Catchup Instant Messenger
Catchup is a simple, secure instant messenger application which can be used on Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. It is an open source software with a Server and Client developed in Java. The server needs to be deployed in a system which is centrally accessible from its potential client systems spread accross a local network or the internetCatchup IM is suitable for use in the following areas of application
- Organizations in need of internal communication solution
- Integration with an existing ERP application to add IM support
- IM hosting on the internet for general public
- People who have got bored of using other popular IMs and would like to have their own private IM
- Easy deployment - The only pre-requisites are a Java runtime and a database engine
- Supports various modes of user account management to adapt with existing legacy systems
- Can be configured to run in normal and secure mode, both at the same time
- Data access layer is based on Hibernate technology to support a wide variety of databases
- Distributed in the form of an Installer for Windows and Tarred bzipped distribution for Linux and Mac
- Application launcher included for Windows and Mac for a native feel
- Common IM functions like Personal chat, Group chat, Announcement, Smileys and Shock
- Light on usage of system resources.
- Clientside SSL authentication before the actual login, ensures total security.
- Pluggable components such as Authenticators, Interceptors, etc which enables developing new features or extending existing functionality, a breeze.
- Highly configurable and manageable design which helps both developers and administrators fine tune the application to suit the environment.